Monday, July 4, 2011

Tigers vs. Baystars

Japanese baseball games are a lot of fun. I actually think that going to a game when we get back to the states is going to seem so tame and boring ... and quiet. The Japanese fans are following the action so closely and have different chants for different situations -- they are chanting the entire time their team is at bat. Plus they all have a set of sticks for banging together in rhythm. It's a lot of fun to join along.
Actually, being at the game made me kind of sad because I kept thinking about how we'd planned to go to a game in Tokyo with my brother. (His trip was canceled due to the earthquake/tsunami). He's a big baseball fan and I kept thinking about how much he would have enjoyed being there last night. When I was taking pictures I kept thinking that I needed to get really good ones so that he could get a sense of the atmosphere and maybe get a taste of the experience. Unfortunately I don't the excitement comes through in my pictures.
We're going to another game in two weeks, so I'll try again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment