Monday, July 18, 2011

final elementary school visit

I had the last day at my last elementary school last week. (We still had a few days of junior high school.)
It happened to coincide with the school's game festival. Each homeroom creates some kind of carnival game for all of the other students. I was able to wander around and see all of them, and some of them were really funny. I liked the class where you had to navigate a can through an obstacle course using only a fan. I also liked the can stacking competition -- but I thought it was funny that nearly all of the cans the kids were using were from alcoholic beverages. I don't think that would fly in the U.S.
After my final lesson, I was besieged by kids who wanted me to sign their books, notebooks, random pieces of paper, etc. I was even asked to sign some kid's glasses case and the teacher's stapler.

No comments:

Post a Comment