We got there just after the talk ended and waited outside the hall until they emerged. They are big guys. Kotoshogiku is actually not much taller than Chelsey or I, but he is quite big. I told Chelsey he looks like the classic image of a sumo wrestler.
We got our picture taken with Kotooshu thanks to Yumi. He is a really big guy. I mean, you would expect a sumo wrestler to be a big guy, but it was really surprising to see it up close and in person. The picture doesn't even do it justice. We're both relatively tall, and we barely reached his shoulder. It was kind of unnerving being next to someone who towers over you like that. I guess that's what it feels like to be a short person.
I got a Kotooshu t-shirt when we went to sumo in Osaka last year. Chelsey was wearing it, which impressed him. After the photo, Yumi told him that we were coming to watch in Nagoya so he should try hard. (It sounds better in Japanese).
-Jason