Earlier this week one of our friends and his fiancee came over and she taught us how to make okonomiyaki. It was much easier than I expected, and I am excited to try it on my own.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
okonomiyaki!
Okonomiyaki is one of our favorite Japanese dishes. The Japanese call it their equivalent of
pizza, although it looks and tastes nothing like pizza. The base is a cabbage pancake, which I know sounds kind of awkward, but it is very delicious. To that you add your pick of toppings. Typical Japanese choices include shrimp, squid, octopus and various other (possibly unidentifiable) seafood products. However, all of the okonomiyaki restaurants we've visited also offer beef and pork, as well as a wide assortment of vegetables. My personal favorite is pork with corn and potatoes. Yum.
Earlier this week one of our friends and his fiancee came over and she taught us how to make okonomiyaki. It was much easier than I expected, and I am excited to try it on my own.
Earlier this week one of our friends and his fiancee came over and she taught us how to make okonomiyaki. It was much easier than I expected, and I am excited to try it on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment